We understand that business valuation is as much an art as it is a science. Because of the complex issues involved and the professional judgment required, choosing the right appraiser is everything. Our credentialed business valuation professionals combine the knowledge and analytical skills necessary for the quantitative side of business valuation with the experience required for the qualitative side to provide independent valuation opinions our clients can trust.
Whitley Penn is experienced and capable of providing objective valuation analysis in the following contexts:
- Marital dissolutions
- Commercial litigation
- Fair value measurements for reporting, including purchase price allocations, impairment testing, derivative valuations, and intangible asset valuations
- Tax reporting, including estate and gift tax valuation, S-corp elections, 409A equity valuation, and stock-based compensation
- Bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations
- Buy/sell agreements
- Ownership transactions
Our trained and experienced valuation professionals hold business valuation certifications issued by national appraisal societies including: the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA). Our expertise and credentials enable us to perform the diverse range of valuations listed above.