Forensic, Litigation & Valuation Partner
B.S. in Accounting, Brigham Young University
M.S. in Accountancy, Brigham Young University
Robert Metz is a certified public accountant (CPA), accredited in business valuations (ABV), and is also a certified fraud examiner (CFE). Robert has spent more than a decade providing litigation support and expert testimony on accounting, financial, and business valuation issues in both state and federal court cases.
Before joining Whitley Penn, Robert Metz began his career as a forensic accountant with a Big 4 accounting firm and provided litigation and investigative support services for some of the most well-known entities in both the public and private sectors. He also worked in industry as an internal auditor providing detailed reviews and risk assessments of the company’s accounting and operations both domestically and internationally. His experience provides him with an extensive skill set that allows him to perform detailed analyses of large data sets and accounting records to assess the risk and/or existence of fraudulent transactions, develop lost profits and damages models, and perform valuations of business interests across multiple industries.
For a copy of Robert’s CV, click here.
Whitley Penn, Fort Worth Office, (2011-Present)
- Audit Senior Manager (Present)
PricewaterhouseCoopers, (2005-2008 and 2010-2011)
- Senior Associate, audit and consulting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of CPAs (TSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- 2014 Speaker Big D Treasury Conference – “Faces of Fraud”
- 2014 Speaker The X’s and O’s of Employee Benefits – “Cheaters Never Win”
- 2015 Speaker Collin County Bar Association – “What’s it Worth Anyway?”
- 2015 Speaker Ikard Wynne, LLP – “What’s it Worth Anyway?”
- 2015 Speaker Cantey Hanger, LLP – “Economic Damages: Methods and Procedures”
- 2016 Speaker ACFE – Fort Worth Chapter – “Report to the Nations Update”
- 2016 Speaker Employee Benefit Conference – “Faces of Fraud”