Risk Advisory Services Senior Manager
B.M., Southern Methodist University
M.S. in Accounting, the University of Texas at Dallas
M.M., Rice University
John Williamson is a Certified Internal Auditor, a Certified Public Accountant, and a Certified Information System Auditor with more than seven years of experience with risk advisory services at Whitley Penn focused on SOC 1/2/3 examinations, internal audit outsourcing, and co-sourcing, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 implementations, process consulting and information technology consulting.
Has overseen multiple consulting engagements, providing clients with lean process improvement recommendations that increased stakeholder value, reduced operational costs, minimized compliance and regulatory risk exposure.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Board of Governors for the Dallas Chapter IIA
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Infragard member