Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Partner
Emilia D’Mello is a certified public accountant (CPA), accredited in business valuations (ABV), and is also a licensed attorney. Emilia has spent more than a decade providing expert testimony on accounting, tax, financial, and business valuation issues in litigation cases in both state and federal courts.
Emilia began her career developing experience in both tax and audit before transitioning to the forensic, litigation, and valuation services area. Her tax and audit backgrounds provide Emilia with a unique skill set that allows her to effectively assess financial and accounting records to develop lost profit damage models and business valuations in a variety of industries. Her legal education provides additional skills in understanding the legal issues of a case that allows her to provide a perspective that addresses both accounting and legal aspects.
To request more information regarding industry expertise, please click here.
For a copy of Emilia’s CV, click here.
- Hix & Associates, CPAs, (2001 – 2002)
- Public Accountant
- Whitley Penn, Fort Worth Office, (2003–Present)
- Partner (2011–Present) Forensic, Litigation & Valuation Services
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Attorney at Law
- Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Fort Worth Chapter, TXCPA
- Financial Consulting Group, LC
- Tarrant County Bar Association — Family Law
- Dallas County Bar Association
- 2006 Author 12 Tex. Wesleyan L. Rev. 655, “Can the Economic Contribution Statute be Reconciled with the Inception of Title Doctrine?”
- 2007 Panelist Advanced Family Law – “Tracing, Economic Contribution, and Reimbursement”
- 2009 Panelist New Frontiers in Marital Property Law –”Revamping Your Approach to Divorce Settlements”
- 2010 Speaker Annette Stewart American Inn of Court – “The Standard of Value for Divorce Purposes”
- 2013 Speaker Tax Institute- “Tax Issues Upon the Dissolution of Marriage”
- 2016 Speaker Rockwall County Bench Bar Conference- “Forensic Accounting”