Natural disasters, such as Hurricane Harvey, have a measurable impact on companies as they struggle to rebuild and return to normal operations.
When a business interruption occurs, properly quantifying and measuring the damages is crucial for filing an insurance claim for the business interruption loss.
Whitley Penn’s Valuable Assistance
Whitley Penn professionals can assist with the complex analyses required for your business interruption loss claim. Our experienced team can provide valuable assistance by:
- Evaluating the financial loss incurred due to the disaster by assessing normal business operations and expected operating results before and after the catastrophe;
- Quantifying the additional expenses incurred to get operations back to normal as a result of the disaster; and
- Negotiating with the claims adjuster to ensure the maximum benefit is received.
The Whitley Penn Approach
Our team has the know-how to make accurate assessments of your business interruption claim. Our in-depth approach for quantifying your business interruption losses includes:
- Development of a thorough understanding of business operations through interview with key personnel;
- Analysis of your company’s financial performance, both before and after the loss event;
- Analysis of your company’s operational results compared to projected performance;
- Research and analysis of industry data to determine how your industry has been affected by the disaster;
- Assessment and isolation of other factors that may have contributed to changes in your company’s operational performance; and
- Preparation of a business interruption loss model that incorporates all the factors that affected your business operations.