Annually, our team of employee benefit plan professionals audit more than 300 plans and prepare review for more than 350 Form 5500 filings. This group has seen and audited every type of plan large and small including those with alternative investments, plans held in a master trust, and terminating plans.
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) audit practice focuses on large plans – those above the approximate 100-eligible participant threshold for filing an audit report with a Plan’s Form 5500 filing with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), while our Form 5500 team focuses on plans of all types and sizes for compliance with Form 5500 filing requirements, whether audited or not.
In addition, our team handles due diligence issues with mergers and acquisitions and can help correct issues that otherwise might have gone unnoticed. This review saves you from scrutiny by regulators and protects your plan’s qualified status, not to mention the financial benefits for the sponsor.
Our practice is regularly subjected to American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) peer reviews, as well as inspections by the Department of Labor (DOL), and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
- 401(k), 403(b), 401(a) and profit-sharing defined contribution plans
- Employee health and welfare plans
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Public sector retirement plans
- Plans requiring a Form 11-K filing with the SEC
- Plans held in a master trust
- Plan mergers, spin-offs and terminations
- Due diligence guidance on employee benefit plans before and after mergers and acquisitions
- Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program filings
- Reporting compliance (refer to our Employee Benefit Plan Compliance page for details)
- Prepare and file Form 5500, including all applicable schedules and attachments
- Prepare and file Form 5558 extensions
- Prepare and file Form 8955-SSA
- Prepare Form 5330
- Prepare and file Form 720
- Prepare Summary Annual Reports
- Respond to any DOL or IRS correspondence that may arise
- Assist with any IRS or DOL examination
- Prepare and file Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program filing
Additional Qualified Plan Services:
- Uncovering the appropriate plan design
- Eliminating inefficiencies and maximizing benefits
- Handling on-site implementation and enrollment
- Providing employee education sessions
- Offering custom lineups with open fund architecture