For more than 30 years, Whitley Penn professionals have provided audit services to governmental entities. We serve as auditors to more than 80 governmental entities and 40 public school districts.
Through this experience, our partners are regularly approached to conduct educational seminars on various governmental accounting, auditing, and financial reporting topics for the Texas Society of CPAs (TXCPA), other CPA firms, the Texas Association of School Business Officials (TASBO), Texas Municipal League (TML), and the Government Finance Officers Association of Texas (GFOAT). Our experience provides us with a database of best practices that we can draw upon to provide our clients with the highest value in advice and recommendations.
- Audit and review of annual financial statements
- Audit and review of Federal and State grants and related programs
- Preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports (ACFRs), annual financial reports, and regulatory financial statements
- State Compensatory Education agreed-upon procedures
- Review of control environment, internal control structure and execution of controls
- Reviews, compilations and agreed upon procedure
- Fraud Investigation
- Cost Containment and Reduction Analysis
- Seminars and training involving the implementation of GAAP, the Uniform Guidance, and other accounting, federal and statutory guidelines and procedures
- Internal controls and best practices advisory services
- Technical accounting and assistance regarding the latest in GAAP accounting and reporting standards and governmental practices
- Technical accounting assistance regarding the latest in GAAP accounting and reporting
- Financial accounting and reporting resources