Forensic, Litigation & Valuation Partner
B.B.A. in Finance, Baylor University
B.B.A. Risk Management and Insurance, Baylor University
M.B.A. Finance, University of Houston
As a Partner of Whitley Penn, Justin has served as a testifying expert in federal, district, and state court matters as well as in private arbitrations involving economic, accounting, valuation and strategic issues. He has testified in a variety of litigation matters involving patent, trademark, and copyright infringement, theft of trade secrets, breach of contract, business valuation, bankruptcy, fraud, business interruption, personal injury, wrongful death, and wrongful termination. He has testified on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in the analysis and determination of economic damages, including lost profits, reasonable royalties, price erosion, unjust enrichment, diminution of value and insolvency analyses, valuation, and pre- and post-judgment interest. Justin has also served as a guest lecturer at the University of Houston Law School, Baylor University School of Law, and South Texas School of Law covering damages under a variety of claims.
For a copy of Justin’s CV, click here.
- Whitley Penn LLP (2017-Present)
- OverMont Consulting LLC (2013-2017)
- Managing Director
- OverMont Consulting LLC (2009-2013)
- Navigant Consulting (PI) LLC (2007-2009)
- Managing Consultant
- CRA International, Inc. (2003-2007)
- Senior Associate
- BP Products North America Inc. (2002-2003)
- Excise Tax Analyst
- Arthur Andersen (2001-2002)
- Excise Tax Analyst
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Licensing Professional (CLP)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association (HIPLA)
- “Trade Secret Damages” Yetter Coleman, LLP October 2018.
- “Valuation of Intellectual Property” Andrews Kurth Kenyon, LLP, November 2017.
- “Calculating Economic Damages in Litigation Workshop” Baylor University Law School, November 2017.
- “Overview of Lanham Act Damages” University of Houston Law School, October 2017”.
- “Calculating Economic Damages in Complex Commercial Litigation” Jackson Walker LLP, August 2017.
- “Calculating Damages in Litigation” Baylor University Law School, May 2017.
- “Trade Secret Damages” University of Houston Law School, March 2017.
- “Patent Litigation Damages” South Texas College of Law Houston, March 2017.
- “Economic Damages in Trademark Litigation” University of Houston Law School, November 2016.
- “Lanham Act Damages” University of Houston Law School, April 2016.
- “Trade Secret Damages” University of Houston Law School, March 2016.
- “Economic Damages and Trademark Litigation” University of Houston Law School, February 2014.
- “Preserving and Protecting Corporate Assets” State Bar of Texas 21st Annual Texas Minority Counsel Program, November 7, 2013.
- “Patent Venue Battle Continues-Steps Leading Up to TC Heartland” Forensic Litigation & Valuation, June 2017.
- “Valuation of Early-Stage Pharmaceutical Companies” Thomson Reuters Valuation Strategies, May/June 2014.
- “Considerations for Start-Up Biotech Company Valuation” Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, April 2014.
- “Proving Commercial Damages: Lost Profits versus Lost Value” University of Houston Law Foundation, December 2008.