Whitley Penn understands that financial difficulties can arise for businesses of all sizes and industries. Our dedicated Bankruptcy and Restructuring team assists companies facing financial distress or insolvency by providing specific and professional guidance. Whether your organization needs assistance with operational turnaround/restructuring assessments, planning, and/or implementation, requires strategic advice on and/or execution of a financial restructuring, or is contemplating bankruptcy or have filed an in-court proceeding, our team of experienced professionals is committed to helping you navigate and/or manage these complex situations. Our expertise and experience also extend beyond the confirmation or termination of bankruptcy proceedings through expert testimony in post-confirmation litigation or by many other avenues, such as management of a lender’s collateral pending foreclosure.
With a deep understanding of the reorganization, operational, and financial landscape, our professionals will work closely and collaboratively with you, and your attorneys, to develop a customized plan tailored to your specific needs and objectives. Moreover, we have been and can be very “hands-on” as required to meet your goals and objectives. We have significant experience in both out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings to maximize the recovery to and preserve value for all stakeholders. Whitley Penn professionals have performed these services for a broad range of companies – from lower middle-market concerns to Fortune 100 multi-national corporations.
- Perform viability, solvency & feasibility assessments
- Improve cash flow management
- Develop and implement revised business model
- Generate and implement cost reduction strategies
- Stabilize business and establish profitability
- Serve as CRO, CEO, COO, and CFO
- Generate and implement a plan to manage liquidity
- Develop strategies for key vendors and customers
- Initiate communication and restore credibility with all stakeholders
- Change culture
- Perform pre-bankruptcy planning
- Prepare MORs, Schedules, and SOFAs
- Review or develop projections/other Plan of Reorganization matters
- Testify on valuation/other contested issues
- Evaluate recovery alternatives and exit strategies
- Effect Reorganization Financial Reporting
- Conduct sales and divestitures
- Prepare debt capacity analysis
- Assist in negotiations with principal creditors as well as other parties-in-interest
- Render asset or business enterprise valuations, including liquidation analyses
- Raise debt, DIP, takeout/exit financing
- Conduct asset or business enterprise sales/divestitures
Every business deserves a chance to recover and thrive, even in the face of financial adversity. Our Bankruptcy and Restructuring Services team provides the industry knowledge, professionalism, and personalized attention to help businesses overcome complex financial challenges.
Contact us to learn more about how we can assist you in navigating the complexities of bankruptcy and restructuring to help position your organization for long-term success.