Whitley Penn has worked with a number of small businesses and multi-generational families for many years, who value the trust, integrity, comprehensive service and confidentiality that we bring to serving their needs. We’re also sensitive to the financial and tax concerns that each generation has, and offer advice tailored to their specific financial needs with a demonstrated ability to transfer trusted advisor relationships from one generation to the next.
We help clients achieve personal and family business objectives by encompassing effective ways to:
- Craft efficient tax strategies that apply the advantages allowed under current tax law.
- Estimate and minimize tax liability exposure.
- Assist family business owners in selecting the right organization structure through various business forms: sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies, S corporations, C corporations and more.
- Structure cash distributions that are not taxed as dividends.
- Emphasize tax-efficient asset liquidation.
- Develop business succession plans to transition control to family members or chosen outsiders in ways that meet your tax management and estate planning goals.
- Emphasize flexible operating agreements that allow for future change and growth, and maximize tax advantages.