IT Risk Assessment
The performance of IT risk assessments is not just considered a best practice, but is a required step in meeting many compliance obligations. The risk assessment guides the selection and implementation of controls to mitigate organizational, business process, and system level risks. A failure to perform adequate risk assessments could result in an inadequately designed control framework to mitigate those risks. Our experienced information security professionals have extensive experience in assessing risk and the design of control frameworks to mitigate those risks.
Security Assessment, Penetration Testing, and Vulnerability Scanning
Security threats, vulnerabilities, and privacy risks have become a top priority for boards and business owners around the world. The sophistication of attackers and complexity of the threats they pose require organizations to not only implement sound security technologies, but also have robust controls and processes around information security. Whitley Penn helps evaluate the adequacy of the technology, controls, and processes implemented secure information assets and provide valuable recommendations for improving your organization’s security posture. Our experienced information security professionals have experience advising clients in a variety of information security and privacy areas, including:
- IT Risk Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Network Architecture
- Data Security and Privacy
- Change Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Incident Response
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Regulatory Compliance
For most businesses, compliance with IT requirements from regulations, standards, and contractual obligations is unavoidable. Whether your organization processes credit card data, protected health information, personally identifiable information, financial data, or other sensitive information, our experienced professionals are ready to help you prepare your compliance program. At Whitley Penn, we have certified professionals to help with your information security needs. Their understanding of a broad range of information security regulations, risks, and best practices allows them to quickly and accurately assess your needs and make relevant recommendations to help you not only achieve regulatory compliance but to also have an effective information security program. We are prepared to assist you in your efforts to comply with a broad range of IT requirements, including:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)/Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC)
Our Compliance Assessment services include:
- Determining the scope of your compliance requirements and data environment.
- Assessing the current state of your control environment and making recommendations for improving the design and effectiveness of controls to meet your compliance goals.
- Evaluating and selecting systems and service providers.
System Evaluation and Selection
Whitley Penn helps evaluate and select the right IT system for your company, whether it be an accounting, Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”), or other system. We work directly with IT executives and others in order to focus on the design and implementation of controls to deliver improved business processes by comprehensively addressing the IT and business needs of your organization.